4 jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained
3 tablespoons EVOO
8 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
1/3 cup dry white wine - I used sauvignon blanc
Juice of 1 small lemon
Sea salt & cracked black pepper
1 loaf of bread, cut in half then into 3 inch thick pieces
Parmesan cheese - for sprinkling on top
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Put EVOO and garlic into a saute pan at medium high heat - let cook for 3 minutes. Next, throw in the artichoke hearts, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper,
3. When the EVOO has mostly evaporated, pour in the white wine. Turn up the heat so it's bubbling. Cook for about 5 minutes
4. Line bread on baking sheet. Spoon artichoke mixture onto slices of bread. Sprinkle with parmesan and a little salt and pepper.
5. Put in broiler for 4 minutes or until the bread toasts. Make sure you watch it closely because mine was a bit more burnt than I like!
8. Let cool for a few minutes, but make sure to eat while hot!