One package puffed pastry
1 (8 oz) round of brie cheese
1/4 cup fig jam
1 1/2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 425 and lightly grease cookie sheet.
2. Roll puff pastry out slightly - make sure it's thawed.
3. Place cheese wheel on top (leave rind on).
4. Spread jam on top of cheese.
5. Sprinkle brown sugar on top of the jam.
6. Bundle puff pastry up and around the cheese. With the extra puff pastry, I made a heart to put on top, but you can leave it as is or make another shape.
7. Crack egg into a small bowl and mix up. Brush the egg on top of of the puff pastry with a brush or your fingers. It's not for flavor, but for shine!
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
8. Let cool for five minutes.
9. Serve with your favorite crackers (we used olive oil and sea salt ones) or eat on it's own!
Takes 45 minutes; serves 3-4.