1 1/2 lbs Italian fontina, cubed
6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 large loaf of sourdough, cut into squares
1. Adjust top rack of the oven so that it sits about 5 inches under the broiler unit. Preheat broiler.
2. Spread cheese out in the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan. Drizzle olive oil over the cheese.
3. Mix together the garlic and herbs in a small bowl and sprinkle the mixture evenly over the cheese. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the top of the cheese.
4. Bake for 6-8 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and melted through. Carefully remove the pan from the oven and set it on a heatproof surface - the pan will be hot!
5. Start dipping bread immediately! The cheese gets tough when it cools.
**Serves 8-10 as appetizer.
Top Chef wannabe. Even more than that, Padma Lakshmi wannabe.