1 bag (16 oz) whole wheat pasta shells
4.6 oz of tomato pesto - got mine at an Italian foods shop
2 big cloves of garlic, minced
12 baby bella mushrooms, sliced
1/2 of one medium sized red onion, diced in large pieces
Juice of 1 small lemon
6 oz of plain Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons EVOO
Salt & pepper
1. Follow instructions to cook pasta.
2. Put the EVOO in a saute pan on medium heat. Put in the garlic and onions and let cook for 5 minutes. Throw mushrooms in the pan and roast for 10-15 minutes. (While these are cooking, add salt, pepper and 1/2 of the lemon juice.)
3. While mushrooms are roasted, make the sauce. In a small bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, tomato pesto, 1/2 of the lemon juice and salt and pepper.
4. Strain pasta and put into a large bowl. Pour sauce while it's still hot and mix together. Immediately afterwards, pour in mushrooms and onions.
5. Stir together, plate, top with a little parmesan cheese and serve!