1 tablespoon EVOO
1 tablespoon butter
1 medium onion, sliced
1 pound mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon thyme, chopped1/4 cup white wine
1 (4 oz) package cream cheese at room temperature
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise (I used the olive oil kind)
1/4 cup mozzarella, grated
1/4 cup grated parmigiano reggiano
Salt & pepper
1 French baguette, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat the oil and melt the butter in a pan.
2. Add the onion and cook until it starts to caramelize, about 15-20 minutes.
3. Add the mushrooms and saute until they start to caramelize, about 15 minutes.
4. Add the garlic and thyme and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Add the wine, deglazed the pan and cook until it has evaporated.
7. Take 1/4 of the mushrooms out and puree in a food processor.
8. Mix the mushrooms, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, mozzarella and parmigiano reggiano and place in a bowl. Transfer to classic rectangular baking dish and spread evenly.
9. Bake in oven until bubbling and golden brown on top, about 35 minutes.
10. Spread dip on top of baguette slices.
**Serves 8; Takes a 1 /12 hours.