1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
6 tablespoon (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 large egg
1 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon vanille extract
1/2 cup whole milk
2 apricots, halved, pitted, cut into 1/4" wedges
2 tablespoons raw sugar (at your discretion)
12-cup muffin pan
Vanilla ice cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 and coat muffin cups with nonstick spray to prep.
2. Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
3. Using a mixer (mine is handheld), beat butter and sugar in another medium bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg, lemon zest and vanilla and beat until combined.
4. Alternate adding dry ingredients and milk, beginning and ending in dry ingredients (3 dry, 2 milk).
5. Divide batter into muffin cups evenly - they should fill about 1/3 of the cup and be flattened. Top with 2 little slices of apricot and sprinkle with raw sugar.
6. Bake for about 22 minutes until cakes are golden. Let cool for five minutes on wire rack.
7. Eat by themselves, or serve on a plate with vanilla (plain, bean, French) ice cream!