2 pounds chicken breasts, cubed
8 russet potatoes, cubed
1⁄3 cup olive oil
1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
1 tablespoon paprika
2 tablespoons garlic powder
6 tablespoons hot sauce
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup bacon bits - homemade!
1 cup green onion, diced
Sour cream - for dipping, if you are obsessed with sour cream like me :)
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Coat baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, mix olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and hot sauce.
3. Add potatoes to bowl. Toss to cover allow for excess sauce in the remaining bowl.
4. Spread potatoes on the baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
5. Add cubed chicken to bowl with leftover sauce and allow to marinate while potatoes bake. Also while potatoes are cooking, Fry the bacon 6 pieces of bacon in a sauce pan. I like mine a little burnt.
6. Remove bacon, let cool and cut into bits. Add raw chicken to the same pan (with bacon fat sill in pan). Brown all sides of the chicken for a few seconds.
7. Once potatoes are done, add the chicken then layer toppings - cheese, bacon then scallions.
8. Bake for additional 15 minutes or until chicken is done and cheese is melted.
9. Cut into squares - think lasagna - and serve while hot and melty.