Semi-homemade with Brittany Linn.
2 large chicken breasts
1 jar Artichoke Lemon Pesto by Elki
1 package or Black Pepper & Garlic Linguine (Pasta Etc brand)
1 small box of mushrooms, sliced
1/2 one large sweet onion, roughly diced
2 gloves garlic, finely diced
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons EVOO
1 tablespoon thyme
Salt, pepper & thyme (dried)
Parmesan cheese (shredded) - to top at the end!
1. Put 2 tablespoons of EVOO in a saute pan and bring to medium-high heat. Put the garlic in first for a minute, then the onions.
2. Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and thyme. Place chicken breasts in the pan when the onions are golden.
2. While chicken is cooking, boil the pasta. (Follow the instructions on package.) When finished boiling, drain pasta and put it in a large serving bowl.
3. When chicken is a few minutes from being done, add the mushrooms. You may need to add a tablespoon more of olive oil to make sure they have some moisture. Season them with salt and pepper when they've gotten soft (about 4 minutes). Take out the chicken when it's golden brown and place it on a plate to cool off.
4. Scoop mushrooms and onions onto the pasta and drizzle with a little bit of EVOO. Pour in the Artichoke Lemon Pesto sauce and stir.
5. Once chicken has cooled (for 5 minutes), cut into pieces and add it to the pasta bowl.
6. Mix everything together and serve with a little parmesan cheese on top!