1 28-oz. can whole peeled tomatoes, crushed with your hands
1 tablespoon tomato paste
4 anchovy filets, packed in oil with red pepper flakes
1 stick butter, cubed
1 tablespoon olive oil
10 garlic cloves - 6 minced, 4 finely sliced
1/2 of a small yellow onion
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
1/2 lb ground beef
12 oz. bucatini
1/2 tablespoon dried basil
1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
Salt & pepper
Grated fresh Parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a 13x9" baking dish, combine tomatoes, tomato paste, 4 of the minced garlic cloves, 4 of the finely sliced, anchovy fillets, butter, red pepper flakes, and salt & pepper. Roast for 35-40 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook the pasta and meat. For the meat, sprinkle the basil, oregano, and salt & pepper on top of the meat and mash it in with your hands. Heat the olive oil, leftover minced garlic and onions in a sauce pan over medium heat. As it browns, break it up with a spatula. Turn off heat and set aside.
3. Boil a pot of water for the pasta. Add salt and cook pasta according to directions, about 9 minutes. Drain and put in big bowl.
4. Take out tomato sauce from oven and combine with meat while still very hot. Pour over pasta and mix.
5. Plate and shave the fresh Parmesan on top. Add extra red pepper flakes if you like it super spicy! :)
Serves 4; takes 1 hour.