1/2 bag of large pasta shells
1 carton of baby bella mushrooms
1/2 a small yellow onion
1 bunch of broccolini
2 oz (half of log) garlic and herb goat cheese
1 small garlic cloved, finely diced
1 1/2 tablespoons sour cream
2 tablespoons of butter
1 tablespoon of flour
1/2 cup of white wine
1/2 a cup of water
1 tablespoon olive oil
Red pepper flakes to taste
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Drizzle olive oil and a healthy pinch of salt on the bunch.
2. Wrap in paper towels and get the paper towels damp with water -make sure there are no dry parts.
3. Put in microwave for 5 minutes.
4. They should come out perfectly cooked and super bright green!
1. We did a cold boil to the pasta, which means to put the pasta in when the water is cold. Turn the heat to high. This method takes a little longer, but lets the noodles absorb the sauce more. Takes about 20 minutes until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, melt the butter and olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onions and cook until golden brown.
3. Increase the heat to high and add the mushrooms. Sprinkle with salt.
4. Saute mushrooms until they darken in color, soften and give off their liquid - about 5 minutes.
5. Sprinkle in the flour and stir to combine. Cook until the flour disappears and the fond on the bottom of the pan turns dark brown, about 1 minute.
6. Deglaze with the wine and water. Bring to a simmer and decrease the heat to medium-low. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
7. Add the sour cream, goat cheese and black pepper. Stir to combine, and then partially cover and bring to a simmer to warm through, 2 to 4 minutes.
8. Drain the noodles, add to the pan and stir to combine.
9. Add the broccolini.
10. Add salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste. Serve immediately.
Serves 2-3 people; Took 45 minutes.